Friday, August 18, 2006

Princess Bride- Poll


Here at "INCONCEIVABLE!", we are finally getting around to paying tribute to the movie that inspired the name for this blog. The Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies of all times. It is also one of the most quotable movies of all times. I have 40 great quotes and I could only put 10 of them on the poll. Jack, Bryan, and I tried to get the best 10 on the list and we all had different ideas on the best ten to vote on. I hope your favorite one is on the list. Let us know is if we left it off of the list. Make sure to vote for your favorite in our new mini poll on the right hand side of the blog.

By the way, if you have never read the book, you should check it out. As usual, the book is better than the movie. As great as this movie is, the book is even better.

2 comments:

Camera Obscura said...

A male friend of mine who was seriously enamoured of the book, occasionally referring to it as "the greatest fairy tale ever written," was seriously disappointed with the movie simply because Robin Wright Penn wasn't as beautiful as he had imagined Buttercup to be. Apparently he wasn't used to seeing movies made from books he'd already read.

Unknown said...

Luckily, I saw the movie first. I probably would have thought the same thing if I had read the book first.