Monday, March 05, 2007

Mini-Review "The Protector"

Review by Fat Jack
My Rating 1 stars out of 5

Rated R


Rotten Tomatoes:
52% rotten
Netflix: 3.6 stars out of 5
IMDb: 6.9 stars out of 10





I am a big fan of martial arts movies, not so much for the plots but for the action and adventure. I love good martial arts, and Tony Jaa is able to deliver that without the use of wirefu. Even I didn’t care much for this. The plot was just so ridiculous and half-hearted that it ruined the rest of the film and that says a lot as most karate flicks are not that plot driven.

Even Tony Jaa’s gymkata was not good enough to make this an enjoyable movie. His last flick, Ong Bak: The Tai Warrior was an explosive and interesting bit of film. It was great and it really showed off his tai boxing prowess. Not so with The Protector. Don’t bother unless you are drunk. It might be okay then … maybe.

KHAM: You killed my father, and you stole my elephant!



No comments: