Saturday, May 27, 2006

Coming Eventually: "Ghost Rider"

Preview by Fat Jack
My Prediction: So-So

In Theatres February 16, 2007
Not Yet Rated

Directed by: Mark Steven Johnson
Starring: Nicholas Cage, Eva Mendes, and Sam Elliot.

See the Trailer
Visit the Official Site

STRIKE 1: Director Mark Steven Johnson has been significantly associated with such flops as “Elektra” (producer) and “Daredevil” (director). STRIKE 2: Nicholas Cage is our action-adventure hero and his track record in that genre is as poor as it gets. In drama, Cage is outstanding. His action hero status is sorely lacking. So if this is to be something more than an action plot thrown around a comic character from writers who know nothing of the storiline, then we are in for another disappointing dessert of piss and vinegar.

As cool as comics and bikes are, and they are up there on the cool factor, I do not hold out much hope for this comic adaptation. As much as I enjoy comics, I do wonder if moviedom has not had its fill of them. Let us hope beyond hope that I am wrong. Nothing would make me happier.

No comments: