Friday, April 28, 2006

Coming Soon: "Little Miss Sunshine"

In Theatres July 28, 2006
Rated R
Directed by: Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris
Starring: Greg Kinnear, Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Paul Dano, with Abigail Breslin & Alan Arkin

The Hoover Family, believing their 7-year-old daughter has what it takes to be a queen, set off in a VW van across country for the Little Miss Sunshine beauty pageant. Is it okay for me to call it a beauty pageant anymore? This deeply fractured family of six, including the cynical grandfather and uncle are bizarrely dysfunctional.

I love quirky little movies and I have seen the trailer to “Little Miss Sunshine” on the Apple Movie Trailer site and I think this will be a great comedy that one will not want to miss. I’m adding it to my Netflix queue now.
Olive: Why were you unhappy?
Frank: I fell in love with someone... [interrupted by Grandpa blowing his nose]
Frank: ...who didn't love me back.
Olive: Who?
Frank: One of my grad students. I was very much in love with him.
Olive: 'Him'? You fell in love with a boy?
Frank: Very much so.
Olive: That's silly.
Grandpa: [under his breath] That's another word for it... .

No comments: