Saturday, January 06, 2007

Mini-Review: The Devil Wears Prada

Review by FAT JACK
My Rating: 4 stars out of 5

Rotten Tomatoes: 77% Fresh
Roger Ebert: 2 stars out of 4
Netflix: 3.7 stars out of 5
IMDb: 6.7 stars out of 10









I expected this movie to get a higher rating than it did from the critics. For anyone who’s played the role of Satan’s cabana boy with their boss will be able to relate to this entertaining flick. Meryl Streep had a great time playing this role, and she certainly had Martha Stewart in mind the entire time. I understand the plot and sympathize. I’ve played the part myself and worked for the devil in order to get a better job. I did and then moved on to bigger and better things. I learned a lot about myself and the world around me, and for that I am eternally grateful. Our heroine learned a thing or two as well. The experience changed her, for a time, into someone she ultimately could not live with. I suppose my being able to relate to that increased my enjoyment of this movie. I found it worth watching.

No comments: