Saturday, January 06, 2007

Mini-Review: Night at the Museum

Review by FAT JACK
My Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5

Rotten Tomatoes: 46% Rotten
Netflix: 3.9 stars out of 5
IMDb: 6.5 stars out of 10









Not a movie that has received much critical acclaim, but a movie that was a lot of fun for the family. Seems most folks have not really cared for it, but we enjoyed it for what it was supposed to do. I didn’t expect anything spectacular from Ben Stiller over his typical shtick. I assumed there would be lots of physical comedy, a basic plot, sarcasm, and a simplistic dilemma that is overcome and wrapped up in the end. That’s exactly what I got. For that I don’t really see why everyone is so hard on this movie. It’s entertaining. What did people expect? I expected it to be simplistic fun, like a trip to Silver Dollar City. I’ve been on those rides a thousand times. There’s nothing new about Fire in the Hole, but I still ride it – for my daughter and for me.

No comments: