Monday, July 17, 2006

DVD Review: "The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle"

Review by Fat Jack
My Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Now available on DVD
Rated G














Netflix:
3.8 stars out of 5
IMDb: 8.2 stars out of 10

Any now here’s something we hope you’ll really like: The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show on DVD. The beauty of this is that the original show is preserved here, complete with Mr. Peabody and his boy, Sherman; Mr. Know It All; Poetry Corner; and the fractured fairy tales.

Clever as ever, this DVD made a wonderful choice o introduce to my daughter. It’s a lot like the animated version of Rowan and Martin’s Laugh In. The dialogue is quick, pointed and riotously funny. I love the fractured fairly tales. Of course the entire show is available on Netflix.

ROCKET J. SQUIRREL: “And now, here to tell you everything about anything is Mr. Know-It-All..”

BULLWINKLE: “I'd like to apply for a job as an usher?”
BORIS: “What experience have you had?
BULLWINKLE: “I've been in the dark for most of my life”

NATASHA: “Boris, is Moose you said you killed in previous episode?”
BORIS BADENOV: “Look, it's his show. If he wants to be hard to kill, let him.”

No comments: