Saturday, July 08, 2006

A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION













Director Robert Altman assembles an incredible cast to play in this comedy based on the radio show by the same name. See what happens backstage during the last performance. Not always a fan of Altman’s style, I can appreciate his work. Even still, this looks like a comedic hit to me. (see the trailer) (visit the official site)

AL (stage manager): About that obscene song you sang last week...
LEFTY: "I'll give you my moonshine if you show me your jugs?"

LEFTY (singing): Liquor she said, and lick her I did, and I don't work there any more.

YOLONDA JOHNSON: Isn't that a Carter Family song?
LOLA JOHNSON: Who?
YOLONDA JOHNSON: The Carter Family. Like us, only famous.

GUY NOIR: The show had been on the air since Jesus was in the 3rd grade


MY SUPER EX-GIRLFRIEND













Breakups are hard enough. But when an average man dumps his emotionally unstable superhero girlfriend things really heat up. With Owen Wilson and Uma Thurman, this should be a lot of fun. (see the trailer) (visit the official site)


CLERKS 2













Dante and Randall's jobs at the mini-mart are suddenly cut short. Leaving them in search of new employment at … God forbid … Mooby’s fast food shack. We will see what to make of this sequel. Unlike most, however, we have Kevin Smith at the helm and that lifts my hopes. (see the trailer) (visit the official site)

Randal Graves: You're in the bestiality business.
Sexy Stud: Hey fucko! We like to call it inter-species erotica

No comments: