Thursday, July 06, 2006

DVD Review: "Underdog Chronicles"

Review by Fat Jack
My Rating 3 stars out of 5















I rented “Underdog Chronicles” yesterday from Netflix. Just one more reason to dislike Blockbuster as they don’t carry anything, including Underdog. She sat and watched it over and over, delighted with Underdog and Polly Purebread. The magic in watching these classics is sharing a piece of my childhood with my progeny, continuing on a bit of history and pop culture.

The DVD, unfortunately is lacking. Underdog took one story line and added several cliffhangers, stretching it over multiple shows. This DVD included only three complete story line episodes. The original show is not intact as the other characters were left off the DVD. No Tennessee Tuxedo, Savoir Faire or Klondike Kat. The originality of the show was stripped away, leaving us only with Underdog episodes.

A better choice would have been to leave the show intact, allowing the audience to relive the show as originally intended, complete with cliffhangers. With that said, I was not disappointed in Underdog himself, I just wanted more of the original package. Still, she and I shared a piece of TV history and that was fun.
UNDERDOG: “There’s no need to fear! Underdog is here.”

UNDERDOG:
“When Polly’s in trouble, I am not slow. It’s hip-hip-hip and away I go.”

UNDERDOG: “The secret compartment of my ring I fill, with my Underdog super energy pill.”

No comments: